Monday, August 14, 2006

Flock Memory Leak

I'm bloggin with Flock about a memory leak in Flock. My computer slowed to a crawl for no apparent reason...all I had open were browser windows. I though maybe it was the java applet that I was running in IE (why IE? because of course it doesn't work in Flock). But when I pulled up task manager I was shocked to see that Flock was sucking down more than 500 MB of memory. Ridiculous! Hey Will Pate, Will Tschumy or Daryl L. L. Houston, I love Flock, we need a fix!

(Tip to novice bloggers: Using people's names in your blog posts often helps draw their attention to them.)

Blogged with Flock

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Is Flock better than Firefox?

1:47 PM  
Blogger turbobrown said...

It's just different. I think it's built on the Firefox framework, meaning it uses some of the same structure, but it comes with some pretty handy built in tools. You can connect it up to your blog, flickr and del.icio.us accounts, plus other sites that I don't use but accomplish the same types of things as those.

That way you can write posts, upload photos, and save, and tag, favorites all from within your browser without having to go to each of the different sites.

It's not better as in "gmail is better than hotmail" :), it's just better for me in that I like all the tools that it has built into it.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Lloyd D Budd said...

The most recent release has fixed some pretty bad memory leaks. Download Flock 0.7.6 and then let them know if you still have any problems.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home